Saturday, August 18, 2007

Writers, Meetings, Revisions, and still have a life?

This week I've had my nose to the digital grindstone with revisions, attended ARWA's monthly meeting, and got to pal around with writer pals Marjorie Allen, Jan Yonkin, Evelyn Palfrey--all lovely and as much a kick in the proverbial writing pants as a mint julep for made for two.

Thursday did the Writers' League-thing where Joe O'Connell, author of the recently released Evacuation Plan: a novel from the hospice, gave a moving account of his days as writer in residence at Christopher House.

I met and re-met some lovely, lovely people. Of course, the super swell April Kihlstrom, Queen of Book in a Week was there--look for some exciting news from her soon *how's that for a tease* Laurie Cosbey, who I met years ago when I was *cough cough* married and therefore, somebody else, was a dear, and new pal Greta L. Hillin.

Today, I powered through five pages this morning, R went off to Fredericksburg and property to beat back the wilderness *wish I could have gone*, but stayed to clean house and empty garage *ick--but not near as ICK as beating back the wilderness, esp. since the lawn mower's self-propel petered* but will be using house-cleaning time to formulate a scene in a funeral home I've been struggling with. Then, it's off to Barnes & Noble to support Fabulous Fellow Writer Babes Julie Kenner and Julia London, as they chat about writing and sign new releases Demon's are Forever and American Diva, both getting great reviews. Demon, of course, is the third in a series that began with Carpe Demon, which Julie K sold the rights to Christopher Columbus's 1942 Pictures. Can't wait to see that movie!

3 comments:

Lexi said...

It was great fun hangin' out with you today, Kit!

Kit Frazier said...

:) Thanks for sharing the pretzel...it was yummy and started me on a new bad habit *sigh*
Kit

Lexi said...

Hey, you can always count on me to lead you astray!

Barnes & Noble Round Rock Signing

Barnes & Noble Round Rock Signing
My friend Pantera with Tahoe & Me

Tahoe and a new friend at the signing