Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Big 'Doh!' moment ...and other writing breakthroughs

Okay, so I'm revising Book Three, trying to figure out what's wrong with it, and I was at the Magnolia Cafe, wracking my brain (never a pretty sight) when it came to me...I was having main character Cauley meet a confidential informant at an Austin area park. I wanted the park to be ultra-Austin, ie, wild, weird and completely unconventional, but, most of Austin's parks could be described that way. Originally, I set the scene in historically significant and slightly wacky Waterloo Park, but as I nibbled on Magnolia's extra yummy Voodoo Chicken, it hit me.

Hippie Hollow. What's more Austin than the only county-run nude beach in Texas?

Well, of course, this sparked a whole new level to the book, so, today I sat out in the back yard near the koi pond, listening to the falling water, dog at my feet, sangria at the ready, and I happily knocked out eight--count 'em-- eight pages today. Now, off to clean up and start dinner to cookin'. . .

No comments:

Barnes & Noble Round Rock Signing

Barnes & Noble Round Rock Signing
My friend Pantera with Tahoe & Me

Tahoe and a new friend at the signing