Friday, July 18, 2008

New digs, tigers, birds and bass, oh my!


So, we finally, finally got moved, got internet (such as it is *snort*) and I'm back online and (hopefully) have phone service. We're out in the middle of nowhere, which I love, except for the woeful lack of human and or technological contact.

On the other hand (or paw), there is flora and fauna aplenty. The roadrunner babies are so ugly they're cute, and Mom and Pop are scurrying around, threatening humans, "bathing" in the dust, and of course, catching yummy lizards for their unfortunate looking offspring.

R shot two *ick* water mocassins (yes, they're poisonous), which has caused me to think twice
about writing with my feet dangling in the river.

And, we have a new addition to the family. It took a long time to name him. The choices were "Oliver"--for Oliver Wendell Holmes, because this cat is a real talker, "Dashiell" for Dashiell Hammett, because Hammett's one of my favorite writers, but it turns out new kitty's name is "Atticus" because he's a natural born predator, and I'm hoping he won't murder the mocking birds, road runners, king fishers and other birds that hang out here. Although, he's welcome to any of the mice he can get his claws on. He's been stalking the deer, though I doubt they're worried . . .

No comments:

Barnes & Noble Round Rock Signing

Barnes & Noble Round Rock Signing
My friend Pantera with Tahoe & Me

Tahoe and a new friend at the signing