Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oh, the weather outside is frightful . . .

So, I'm dancing around to Harry Connick Jr.'s Christmas play list making five dozen sausage and cheese balls for the ARWA Christmas party. Cookies for Jess are packed and ready to go, I've got curlers in my hair, and it starts pouring down rain.

Can't get out of the driveway, and now I'm stuck with a bazillion delicious sausage balls and two-dozen cookies. I wisely put the cookies in the freezer, but I'm sad to report that there are now only half a bazillion sausage balls. By the time Law and Order was on, it'd started snowing big, fat, fluffy flakes, and get this, there was thunder and lightning. I've never known it to snow with a soundtrack . . .
Next thing I know, the kids next door came pounding on the door wanting to know if they could "Have my snow."

Well, I wasn't using it, so I told them to feel free, take as much as they wanted, but please take it from my driveway. So, I'm a little opportunistic . . . I wonder if they like to mop floors . . .

Sadly, I missed the party . . . but I hear a good time was had by all, except those of us who couldn't get out of the drive way, those of us on deadline, and poor Farrah, who drove around endlessly looking for the party. I too, Farrah, am directionally challenged . . . I feel your pain, sistah.

I hope everyone got home all right, and see you in January.

2 comments:

MAX said...

looks like a white christmas . . .

Unknown said...

Hey, Kit! It's Kat here. Love the Cute Shoes and so does Peter. But I'm still not getting them for you for Christmas. You haven't been that good. I do have an extra lump of coal that Santa sent me last year that I can send to you. But I'll wrap it up so that it will still be a surprise.

So...when do we all out here in reader land get to read Cauley's next folly? Love ya,

Sher Bear

Barnes & Noble Round Rock Signing

Barnes & Noble Round Rock Signing
My friend Pantera with Tahoe & Me

Tahoe and a new friend at the signing