Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Free at Last, Free at Last: Landslide for a Brand New Day!

After eight long years under a virtual dictator, we are free at last, free at last! Celebrate. Kiss your honey. Call your friends. Take a breath.

Because now the real work begins. Barack has done an amazing thing. We have done an amazing thing. But freedom comes at a price. And what we choose to do with that freedom is up to us.

The Bush years have been progressively worse for all of us--in our state, in our country, in our world. And when we dared to protest, we were called "unpatriotic" and "uninformed."

For my part, I did not go buy duct tape. I did not go buy plastic sheeting, nor did I do my "patriotic duty" and go shopping. Somewhere along the line, I stopped writing. But I did something worse. I went underground, listening to the soft animal inside me turn into a howling, starveling wolf, and I did nothing about it.

We had a chance to come together September 11, and we blew it. Now, we have a chance again. I have let the starveling wolf loose. I have made friends with her, and she and I intend to make a difference. I believe in Obama. We have a long way to go. Prop 8 was a disaster in California. Republicans once again own Texas. Though nationally, we won in a landslide of electoral votes, we didn't win by much of a popular margin. We have a lot of work to do. Wake up that starveling wolf. Take a stand.

I believe in Obama. I believe in myself. And I believe in you, my friend. Let's do it. Let's make a better America.

No comments:

Barnes & Noble Round Rock Signing

Barnes & Noble Round Rock Signing
My friend Pantera with Tahoe & Me

Tahoe and a new friend at the signing