Monday, September 15, 2008

Stepped on a crack & a whole mess of crap . . .


So, I've moved, getting all settled in, and boom. I fell. It was one of those falls that is totally stupid, but it still happens in slow motion, where one moment you're walking down the steps and the next moment you're having a close encounter with the floor.

I was sure I'd fractured my tailbone. Nope. Not me. I have broken three bones in the sacral part of my spine. Yep. It looks like a string of mishapen pearls hanging loose on a string of raw nerves. Which, incidentally, is the way it also feels--except those nerves feel like they've been burned with a raw poker.

So, I'm laid up in bed on serious painkillers and am finally in some kind of shape to sit up (thanks, Emily, for the food and the cushy thing to sit on) and am back at email, and of course, writing. If you've emailed me or called me, you have my apologies. I am coming back. Really.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is from your long-lost sister. You may remember me: You used to read to me and spit in my mouth. I, in turn, was always gracious and kind. It's amazing that we are related! Love your books. So does Mad. Give me a call already!

Unknown said...

I am a moron. Just found your email address and will write to you there. Did I tell you that I loved your newest book? Wish I could wear the heels. Cauley is a great symbolism of independence while not losing any of her feminine qualities. However she does make me re-think the whole bravery thing. Love ya!-Sher Bear

Barnes & Noble Round Rock Signing

Barnes & Noble Round Rock Signing
My friend Pantera with Tahoe & Me

Tahoe and a new friend at the signing