Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hail yeah it's rainin'


Hail yes, it's rainin' again. And hailing. And tornado-ing. Just when I got the title for Tahoe's book, American Mutt, all heaven busted open. I'm not sure if that's a sign or an omen. I'm going to take it as a sign until further notice. I heard the proverbial roaring, and sure enough, we had a huge, giant funnel cloud threatening to rip us all up and dump us in Kansas. People say that tornados sound like freight trains, and I suppose that's the closest thing you could compare it to, but it is the most ghostly sound you could ever hear. Tahoe always loved the rain. He wasn't afraid of lightning, but he was a good cuddler.

2 comments:

Lexi said...

Glad you made it through the storm. I was up doing "teacher stuff" and it scared me half to death when the lights went out!

Kit Frazier said...

Glad you're okay, Lex. Do they have storms like that in Scotland, or is that nice kind of soaking rain?kit

Barnes & Noble Round Rock Signing

Barnes & Noble Round Rock Signing
My friend Pantera with Tahoe & Me

Tahoe and a new friend at the signing