Friday, January 25, 2008

Holy Cow! I'm in Southern Living Magazine!

So just when you think life can't get any better, or busier, it up and does. Recently, a reader emailed me to tell me I'm in Southern Living!

Of course, I didn't know it, nor did I quite believe it, but there I am, plain as day, signing books at Girlfriend Weekend! And listed as a "Writing Star of Texas!" . . . whoo hoo! (for you Yankees, that means, "Hooray!")

Yeah, that's me, ponytail and all, signing books and looking like I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

And cool too is the fact that two of the three of my biggest backers, Tahoe and my mama, are right there with me, helping me with marketing (*snort* "Buy my daughter's book or you'll rue the day . . ."--thanks Mom :).


It was a fabulous weekend, I got to meet, have lunch, drink bourbon and Diet Coke with Sara Bird, Carol Dawson, Cyndi Hughes, David Marion Wilkinson, and THE fabulous Sam Barry of Harper Collins who still owes me for the tiara he swiped during the downing of said bourbon and Diet Cokes. We'll talk later, Sam :)

And of course, the pinnacle of the party was the "Queen of All Things Literary & Sparkly," her ownself Kathy Patrick! It was a weekend from heaven, aka an East Texas Book Festival, (until Tahoe got sick, which is a totally different story *thanks again, Mama*), and I urge you, if you get the chance, get yourself and your BFF a good heaping helping of southern literary fare at this year's Girlfriend Weekend, and make sure you snag a copy of Kat's new book,
The Pulpwood Queens' Tiara-Wearing, Book-Sharing Guide to Life. And a great big Texas smooch to Gary D. Ford, for a great Southern Living article!

On a very personal note, thanks to Sara for encouraging me to write down my adventures of living, loving and surviving a redneck. More on that to come. . .

And thanks to everyone for writing to ask when the next Cauley book will be out. More on that soon.
Love,
Kit

No comments:

Barnes & Noble Round Rock Signing

Barnes & Noble Round Rock Signing
My friend Pantera with Tahoe & Me

Tahoe and a new friend at the signing